The Marketing Intern is part of the Marketing team working with the supervising Career Counselor, Director of the Career Services Center and all Career Services Center Staff. This team is an integral part of the Career Services Center responsible for planning and executing comprehensive marketing plans to promote office events, resources, and services. This position will begin in Fall 2023. A required training week will take place the week of August 21.
Social Media Management & Design
· Create promotional materials using Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Publisher for social media, digital/ physical advertisements, and emails
· Manage, administer and improve CSC social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) by increasing followers and engagement. Reply to comments and messages, and engage with other offices across campus.
· Use social media management site, Buffer, to auto post on social media
· Demonstrate commitment to showcasing diversity in marketing materials, including accessibility of posts
· Routinely track the growth and impact of CSC social media to make intentional and strategic decisions
· Develop innovative and creative methods to promote programs, events, services and career development concepts
· Develop, plan, organize, and implement on-campus marketing campaigns for CSC programs, services, and
· Individually promote career events such as career fairs, networking events, employer information sessions, jobs/internships, etc.
Additional (occasional evening and weekend hours)
· Serve as Career Services Center Ambassador to promote services and resources on campus; promote through classroom and student organization emails, personal social media posts, and representing the CSC at special events as needed
· Good standing with the University (both academic and disciplinary)
· Proficiency in digital media programs – Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft 365 (including Publisher)
· Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitter
· Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with co-workers
· Ability to work independently and accept individual responsibility for projects or assignments
· Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan including the use of social media
· Innovative and creative abilities to strength the CSC’s campus and online presence
· Ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a team
· Receptive to feedback
· Commitment to a marketing presence that promotes a sense of belonging for all Marquette students, with representation of diverse race, ethnic, gender, cultural, sexuality, religious, socioeconomic, ability, and other identities
· Ability to professionally represent the Career Services Center to fellow students, campus departments, and
Applicants who are invited to interview will be required to provide portfolio of marketing projects and visual design.
Spanish language skills a plus.
Visit https://www.marquette.edu/career-services/about-us/work-for-csc.php to learn more.
Please direct any questions or concerns to:
Michelle Kasbohm, Career Counselor (email@example.com)