AM Traffic Anchor/Mid Day News Anchor
E. W. Scripps Company Opportunity: WTMJ-TV - AM Traffic Anchor/Mid Day News Anchor (FT)
The morning traffic anchor is responsible for delivering traffic and transportation information to viewers on Daybreak newscast; this person will then help prepare news reports and anchor the noon newscast.
- Gather knowledge of Milwaukee streets, traffic and transportation systems for morning reports.
- Learn and/or utilize Max Traffic system and have ability to showcase traffic using all tools available, including chroma key, graphics, etc.
- Anchor the mid-day newscast, Monday through Friday
- Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the Internet
- Report live on location from various news events as needed
- Research and develop news stories
- Enterprise content and contribute to station's content strategy
- Contribute to station's social media strategies and utilize social media to best advantage to share information with community
- Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
- Perform other duties and be scheduled as needed and assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in broadcast, journalism or other related field preferred
- Knowledge of Max Traffic or previous traffic anchoring experience preferred but not required.
- MMJ skills preferred but not required
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To apply for this job use the following link and create an application: