Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, models, and/or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close, including completion of all reconciliations as assigned
- Work with appropriate department heads and individuals to forecast financial projections and provide variance explanations to prior forecasts or budgets on a monthly basis
- Work with appropriate department heads and individuals to facilitate the annual budgeting process, including schedule preparation and budget recommendations
- Develop modeling as appropriate to aid in budget and forecasting efforts
- Prepare all ad hoc analysis for assigned departments as necessary
- Prepares schedules for and provides assistance in completing all audits, including MLB revenue sharing, IRS, etc.
- Facilitate a culture of continuous process improvement
- Assist in maintaining reporting library and publishing financials to departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university; and two years related experience with ERP/Accounting SQL based accounting package; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of MAS 500 Accounting software required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team and multi-tasking environment.
- Strong organization skills and great attention to detail required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with Workday software is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.