We are seeking candidates for a School Counselor to join our student wellness team in the 2019/20 school year. Working closely with administration, teachers, parents, and outside professionals, the Counselor will help identify and support social/emotional and health-related issues with individual students as well as with student groups. The School Counselor will be a part of the Student Support team, reporting to the Student Wellness Director.
30 hours per week, 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday over 10 months - late August to mid-June. We can be somewhat flexible with the days/times during the week.
- Conduct social-emotional support work for students on behalf of the school, consulting regularly with teachers, families and outside providers
- Provide non-clinical counseling to students as an in-school resource
- Refer students and families to outside providers, as recommended by Student Wellness Director
- Participate in student support meetings
- Facilitate social-emotional skill-building groups
- Maintain and monitor the use of a student meditation space in concert with other faculty and staff
- Support teachers and other faculty, serving as a resource and expert on social-emotional and mental health topics
- Create in-school behavioral plans for students and support teachers in the implementation of social-emotional and behavioral accommodations
- Assist with school-wide initiatives that address social/emotional and mental health topics including parent education activities
- Occasional crisis management and risk assessment with students in need of immediate mental health attention