Medical Economics Analyst
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Medical Economics Associate
Location: Downtown Chicago (30 W. Monroe St.)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Medical Economics Analyst will immediately become an important contributor to the Oak Street Health team. They will execute a set of responsibilities using data and analytical skills which will be critical to Oak Street success. Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilize multiple data sources and tools in order to identify, quantify, and prioritize cost of care trends and improvement opportunities
- Constantly review and observe Healthcare KPI reporting in order to ensure appropriateness and accuracy of reporting
- Prepare myriad ad-hoc analyses to identify medical cost and utilization drivers
- Partner with data warehouse team to create and manage process to maintain accurate business requirements
- Willingness to learn basic knowledge of CPT, HCPC, DRG and revenue codes
- The role reports to the Director of Medical Economics and has significant opportunity for position growth.
The role reports to the Director of Medical Economics and has significant opportunity for growth.
What we’re looking for
This is a rewarding role for individuals willing to roll up their shirt sleeves and learn Healthcare from the group up. We’re looking for:
- Orientation toward analytical problem solving with practical, results-oriented mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with unimpeachable integrity and maturity
- Intermediate MS Excel skills and understanding of relational database structure with SQL a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does it mean to be Oaky?
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other healthcare companies, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
- HQ (the “Treehouse”) is located in the heart of Downtown, close to many public transit options and great restaurants
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of our co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers