Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents.
In just over 9 years, we have grown our private equity capital portfolio to over 14,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore. More recently we have grown a direct mortgage origination unit, Pangea Mortgage Capital, to a portfolio of over $100mm of loans outstanding in addition to building third party management, construction and affordable development businesses. To accomplish all of this, Pangea has grown to approximately 475 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea and our people!!
We also pride ourselves in our culture of giving back to the community - even our vendors have taken notice!! Yardi decided to feature Pangea at a recent national summit. Check out this video for a quick recap of the amazing work Pangea Cares did in 2018!!
We are currently seeking a self-directed candidate to immerse in several facets of our business, and whose primary day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Vendor management and accounts payable coordination, including serving as primary touch point for various managers throughout the company, ensuring billing is accurate, and timely submitting invoices for payments
- Accounts payable-related data entry; expectation is Analyst will optimize quality of inbound data from various vendors (e.g., work with vendors to get invoices in electronic formats or to modify the frequency of billing, etc.)
- Preparing general ledger entries and analyses as part of a monthly close cycle
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations for various operating accounts
- Coordinating accounting for our various supply and construction vendors
- Assisting with annual and ad-hoc audits of financial statements
- Taking on ad hoc projects relating to G&A analysis, property taxes, insurance, and various other financial and accounting areas that may involve large data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, minimum of 3.5 GPA
- Real world experience in accounting, finance, or real estate highly preferred
- Track record of managing high volume workflows and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Word)
- Strong desire to learn and take on responsibility quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Yardi Voyager preferred
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually
- Startup culture with access to work directly with senior management
- Great company events
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and café space