Public Relations Account Executive
Now in its 20th year, The Silverman Group, Inc. (TSG) provides expert public relations counsel and strategy for Chicago arts, lifestyle, education and civic clients. From world-class Chicago cultural institutions to national touring productions, major festivals, chambers of commerce and educational organizations, our team of authentic and passionate senior-level PR professionals knows how to get each story to the right audience – and bring our clients into the spotlight!
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team.
· Provide public relations services for client accounts spanning several genres, with supervision from senior staff; provide secondary support on other accounts.
· Execute both traditional media and online influencer relations - including crafting all forms of press materials and pitches - to deliver comprehensive coverage, based on client objectives.
· Develop strong personal relationships with media in the Chicago market.
· Manage efforts of Assistant Account Executive on relevant client projects.
· Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and occasional team-wide projects.
· Other administrative tasks as needed.
· Minimum 3+ years of public relations experience (agency or in-house); experience with arts and/or nonprofit clients ideal. Applicable internship experience considered.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Track record of directly securing media coverage.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Passionate about the arts and the media.
· Digital literacy and competency with social media platforms.
· Bachelor’s degree in PR/communications or a related major.
· Current driver’s license and ability to drive to occasional client appointments; use of rental vehicle provided.
As invested in our team as we are in our clients, starting benefits for the position include: generous 3+ week PTO plan plus holidays, including paid week off in late December; medical, dental, long & short-term disability and life insurance coverage; matching 401K plan; and access to free tickets for client performances and festivals. Salary commensurate with experience.
To learn more about our company, team members and current clients, visit www.silvermangroupchicago.com.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to Vice President Elizabeth Neukirch, Elizabeth@silvermangroupchicago.com. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis beginning March 18, 2019.