Associate Director of Advancement
POSITION: Associate Director of Advancement
SCHEDULE: Full Time
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college-prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
SUPERVISOR: Managing Director of Advancement
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Director of Advancement is responsible for:
- Executing the strategic annual fund plan, including comprehensive, integrated direct mail/marketing, portfolio management (including foundations), grant coordination, and revenue-generating event planning.
- Guiding and collaborating with other members of the advancement team to reach annual fundraising target each year.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of marketing and public relations/communication efforts, specifically aimed at the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Develop annual fundraising plan in accordance with Cristo Rey Jesuit’s Catholic and Jesuit mission.
- Work in collaboration with the Advancement Associate to prioritize and submit grant proposals for funding consideration; oversee impact reporting.
- Manage a small portfolio of high-end annual donors; identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with foundations and program officers, individuals and corporate donors in collaboration with the Managing Director of Advancement, VP of Strategic Growth, and President.
- Work with team to utilize donor research resources and update donor profiles regularly to acquire new donors.
- In collaboration with the Special Projects Coordinator, plan and execute fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Coordinate the annual appeals, multifaceted and carefully timed throughout the year.
- Serve as school liaison and enhance relationships in the community.
- Work with the Advancement Associate to ensure that the donor database is up to date and being used to its full potential to renew and secure new donors.
- Guide the preparation of reports to track annual fund success for the Board.
- With guidance from the Managing Director of Advancement, lead on KPI—key performance indicator—reporting to track pertinent measures of success.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Advancement to be sure development communications meet objectives of target market(s).
- Oversee development communications tools and tactics to be sure messaging is high quality and consistent.
- Create and refresh content on the school’s website and social media outlets; utilize volunteer or intern assistance as needed.
- Oversee the production of e-newsletters and blog posts which focus on development.
- Coordinate the production of the school’s annual report.
- Strong personal alignment with the Cristo Rey Jesuit High School’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience with fundraising, managing volunteers and working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility, and entrepreneurial skills
- Discipline to develop and implement effective fundraising plans and evaluate performance
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send the following to:
Tracy Josetti, Managing Director of Advancement
- a letter stating personal intent
- a comprehensive resume
- references (optional with initial submission)