TopBloc is an energetic startup consulting firm located in Chicago. As a preferred services partner of Workday, we specialize in implementing Workday solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on providing fast, reliable results driven by our proprietary technology and consulting expertise.
As part of the Data Team, you will be on the forefront of game-changing technology in the Workday ecosystem. This team works closely with both the Consulting Team and Development Team.
The Data Team are experts in TopBloc’s proprietary data conversion tool, leveraging their knowledge to educate consultants about the tool and deliver thoughtful, solutions-driven feedback to the Development Team. The Data Team quickly becomes familiar with Human Capital Management, Payroll, Benefits, and Financials software systems to extract and transform data for Workday implementations. They also work with the Product Manager and Development Team to develop logic for automating data extraction and transformation.
- Extract and manipulate data from Human Capital Management, Payroll, Benefits, and Financials software systems
- Transform extracted data using Microsoft Excel functions and macros
- Work with consultants to uncover gaps in extracted data needed for Workday implementations
- Report to the Product Manager on implementation status, feedback from consultants on the TopBloc data conversion tool, and insights on ways to improve the tool
- Troubleshoot technical issues with the TopBloc data conversion tool alongside the Product Manager
- Educate consultants on the TopBloc data conversion tool, teaching them how to use it and the requirements needed to operate it correctly
- Test updates to the TopBloc data conversion tool, reporting back on issues and providing feedback for improvements
- Update tool templates in the Development Team’s AWS environment and communicating those changes to impacted implementation teams
- Work with the Product Manager to develop implementation documentation for the TopBloc data conversion tool
- Attend and pass Workday Core HCM certification program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient or Advanced in Microsoft Excel (including ability to write functions and/or macros)
- Experience in manipulating data in Microsoft Excel using functions and/or macros
- Passion for explaining complex, technical problems and solutions; ability to tailor communication-based on audience (software developers, consultants, etc.)
- Desire to work in both a team environment and independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information, HRIS, Business, Engineering, or similar major
- Experience with SaaS platforms (Software as a Service) such as Workday, PeopleSoft, or Ultimate
- Understanding of basic computer programming logic (e.g. IF-THEN-ELSE)
- Experience with XML or HTML