Production Engineer- Computer Science / EE
To provide engineering support for component manufacturing or assembly processes. Analyze blueprints, engineering specifications and/or prototype parts to determine tooling, fixtures and equipment required for manufacture of new products and planning the sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble new products. Develop process documents for production and assembly of new products. Check new tooling, equipment and/or machinery received to ensure that each conforms to engineering specifications and company standards before production trials. Schedule production trials for new tooling, machinery and/or equipment. Coordinate machine usage with required operation time to fill production targets. Perform trials of new tooling, machinery and/or equipment. Program machine operating parameters for successive trials and recording data to identify optimal parameters and develop line/machine layout to improve space efficiency and allocation.
• Provide engineering support for final assembly, electronic and electro-mechanical processes.
• Plan and coordinate the integration of new machinery and equipment into manufacturing processes.
• Fabrication and testing mf new machine components and tooling for the production of new products.
• Develop preventative maintenance programs for production and machinery, tooling and equipment and testing of processes and machinery to identify and resolve production problems.
• Develop and implement ergonomic improvements.
• Provide support and continuous improvement to existing manufacturing processes.
• Create and maintain all process documentation.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Candidate should have a strong computer science or electrical background.
• Thorough knowledge of principles of electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering.
• Computer literacy and ability to operate computer controlled machinery and equipment.
• Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
• Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic assembly machinery and equipment
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing administration, including JIT manufacturing theory.
• Thorough knowledge of time studies and line balancing.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and applications of statistical process control.
• Thorough knowledge of quality standards in automotive manufacturing.
• Ability to prioritize multiple, competing work assignments.
• BS in Automation, Manufacturing, or closely related discipline.
• Associate’s degree and 3 years experience.